Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Drumroll, Please!

I am overjoyed to announce that I am FINALLY headed to Japan!  That's right!  This girl is going to get to see her husband VERY soon!  Jeremy emailed me my itinerary Sunday night, so this is actually going to happen!  It hasn't really hit me yet.  I'm not as nervous as I should be, and that's a little disconcerting.  It's possible I may be in denial!

I am so very excited to see Jeremy!  In five days we'll have been married for six months.  Out of those six months, we have spent less than nine days together.  Saying that I'm excited is a huge understatement!  I've spent six months waiting for this news.  I can't even put into words how excited I am!  I've spent so much time focusing on being miserable without Jeremy, and now I get news that I get to see him really soon, and, I honestly don't even know how to react! 

I'm suddenly aware of all kinds of stuff that I need to get done in a very short amount of time!  I got started today.  All of our paperwork (that's in my possession) is organized and in a binder.  I had really been putting that off because I had to make copies and this and that, and, honestly, I'm just not the most organized person!  Also, I'm a procrastinator!  My parents are selling my car for me once I'm gone, but since we're still paying on it, my mom and I had to go by the credit union to make sure her name was on the title.  I made my doctor's appointment to get my immunizations all caught up tomorrow.  I'm really not looking forward to that.  I HATE shots!  I have to call the vet in the morning and see when I can come by and get the cats' health certificates.

I'm trying to be very calm about this.  I'm trying to just get everything done and keep busy so that I don't completely lose it!  I am so excited to see Jeremy, but it is sad to be leaving my family and friends.  I also feel bad about how happy I am to be leaving.  No, I'm not saying this right.  It's not so much that I feel bad.  It's more that I don't want to hurt any one's feelings by showing them how overjoyed I really am to be leaving!  I know that they know I'm happy.  I've been waiting long enough, but I don't want to rub it in. 

Ahh!  I'm so excited!  I'm also so nervous!  I've never flown overseas before.  The farthest I've ever been from home (Mississippi) is Cancun!  I haven't seen my husband in so long...I'm nervous about seeing him again with the extra weight I've put on.  We Skype everyday, so it's not like he can't see me, but that's still not the same as in person.  We've talked about it, and he doesn't care, but I'm a girl, and so I care!  It's okay, though, I am in the second week of Couch to 5k, and in a few weeks I'm going to start the Insanity workout.  I just would like to be looking my best after not seeing him for so long.  I'm sure everyone understands that!  The point is that I'm nervous about all kinds of different stuff!

More than any nervousness or thoughts of missing my family and friends, I am happy.  I am so happy that we are actually about to start our lives.  I'm about to be living with my husband and our two little fur babies.  We get to explore Japan together and see all kinds of really cool stuff.  We both love roller coasters and are already planning on riding several I read about online.  Jeremy bought a book on Japanese tourism back in February, so we've been wanting to do all kinds of different things for months now.  I am so very happy that we will get to start this adventure very soon.  There is no one I'd rather be with than my husband.  There is nowhere I'd rather be than with him.  He is my heart, my other half, and I am so happy, and so thankful, that I am headed to Japan to be with him!

Amber is officially headed to Asia! 

2 comments:

  1. YAY! This is the greatest news! I mean, boo for me, but it's not about me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, Rhonda! We've been waiting a long time for this!

      Delete